Thursday, February 5, 2009

ML 250

I have two experiences I can pass on to other students. 

First, the bus to the mall. You can take the 6.1 or 6.2 but it doesn't take you directly there. It only takes you to the main road that the mall is off so you have to walk. But if you go to the Plaza de Torres and take the 92 it will take you directly to the mall. The bus ride is probably 15 minutes. At the mall there are many clothing stores (many of which we have right here in Toledo near Zocodover: Zara, Pull and Bear, Pimpkie...) but there is a Corte Ingles at the mall and takes up about half the lower level because it is so big! There also is a food court with McDonalds and BK and other spanish chains and a movie theater. But don't go on Sunday because the only thing that is open is the food court and the Ben & Jerry's.

Second, I had to buy a new camera here, as much as I didn't want to spend the money I didn't have much of a choice. When I went to the beach in Valencia sand got in my camera because it was so windy and the lens wouldn't open. So the man said they could fix it but it would cost around 100 euro because of the shipping to and from Madrid on top of the actual cost to fix it. So I bought a new camera for 135 euro...but I loooove it! The only thing is that I think i am going to have to buy an adapter for the US, weird. But the camera store is on the way to the cathedral and is called Foto Spot. The owner was really nice, didn't speak english but spoke slowly so I could understand. You can develop pictures or buy photo albums there as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment